Friday, April 12, 2013

Lots of stuff

I am sorry I have not updated the blog in a long time.  We have been extra busy.  I have spent the last several nights working on an article for the EMI magazine regarding our trip to Lebanon on top of our regular fun family filled busy times.  I was very excited to write the article, but I am now glad to have some extra time to do a few things, like blogging.

Tonight we had a wonderful time watching Raegan play baseball.  Raegan is the daughter of our friends Misty.  We have known Raegan for a several years and just absolutely love her.  Logan and Preston were a great cheering crowd and Logan also really enjoyed playing with Lily Kate.

Misty, me and Lily Kate

Nathan is doing very well feeding himself!  He ate his entire lunch on his own.  I have ordered a scoop bowl for him to assist with not scooping it right off the plate.  I am so proud of his progress.

Nathan feeding himself

On Thursday I dropped off Nathan's 2 extra cochlear implant processors to the HEAR Center.  They will be shipped back to Med-el and they will send us 2 rondos.  I am so excited for Nathan to get the rondo.  If you remember it is an implant completely contained in the disk that sits on the head and no longer has an ear piece.  I think it will be more comfortable for him.
The med-el opus 2 processors that were dropped off at the HEAR Center for the new rondos.

Logan loves playing angry birds.  As a fun alternative to playing the electronic game we made our own angry birds set.  We had the best time creating and crashing with our angry birds.

Angry birds

My friend Sarah and I ran the Rumpshaker 5k a few weeks ago.  Sarah is friends with the girl who started the Rumpshaker so she runs it every year.  I was glad to be able to join her this year.  We had a lot of fun together.

Rumpshaker race morning

Owen is doing well with his recovery from having his tonsils removed.  He did extremely well from days 1-3 and then days 4-8 were pretty rough.  I think he is back to himself now.  He missed a few days of school and was pretty cranky during therapy but all in all he has been a trooper.

Nathan is having leg surgery on Monday.  The surgery will straighten his legs and allow him better mobility.  For a while we were on the fence about having this surgery.  We decided to put it on the back burner and move ahead with the second cochlear implant.  We began noticing Nathan loosing mobility and decided we needed to revisit the surgery possibility.  We have a friend whose daughter had this surgery and she went from completely wheelchair bound to being able to walk on cretches.  We are looking forward to seeing where God brings Nathan regarding his mobility in the future.

Logan is very interested in tennis.  I have signed him up for a 4 week even at West Homewood Park.  I am looking forward to seeing him play and seeing if he is still really interested in it.  If he loves it, we will find a place for him to continue with lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment