I am sorry I have failed to post the last several days. Things around here have been pretty crazy. Thank you for all if your prayers for Nathan's recovery and health.
We returned to the pediatrician Thursday afternoon as planned. Nathan was still doing about the same but to add to it he refused to eat or drink. So, our pediatrician sent us to the ER at Children's Hospital for Nathan to receive some IV fluids. We had excellent service in the ER. Our doc called ahead and it made all the difference in the world. We never sat in the waiting room. After filling out our initial form at the desk (per there request to move us along) we then went to triage, then straight to a room (bi-passing the second waiting area) where the nurse was in less than a minute. Before the nurse finished the doctors were waiting outside the room to come in. We were there a total of 3 hours which also included an IV bag for fluids, a chest x-ray and blood work.
By Saturday afternoon Nathan began feeling better and by Sunday afternoon I would say he is at about 90%.
Tomorrow he has speech therapy, Tuesday his post-op visit and then will start back to school on Wednesday.
Here is an outline of the next steps for Nathan's implant.
-we will turn on his left ear implant at the beginning of January. This will allow his body a few weeks if healing time including allowing a lot of the internal swelling to go down a good bit.
-it will take several months to work up the map on his left year just as it did his right.
-it will probably be late spring/ early summer before he is hearing well out if both ears.