Monday, July 1, 2013

Michigan Adventure: Day 3

Today we headed to the Mackinaw Bridge and Mackinaw Island.  I had numerous trips to this area as a child and always loved it.  I am so thrilled to share my childhood experiences with my children and it is so nice to have my parents here too.
Nathan squealed with delight as we traveled over the bridge.
We enjoyed some time looking at the bridge and feeling the water.  Owen loved them both so much he did not want to get back in the car to go to lunch.
Nathan is doing tons and tons of walking with us.  He is practicing to one Labor Day walk the Mackinaw Bridge.
We are fortunate to have several family members join us: Uncle Bob and Aunt Nila, my cousin Jenni and her girls Olivia and Elina and my cousin Dan with his wife Jackie and their girls Samantha, Alexis and Madelyn.

 Logan enjoyed riding the ferry with Elina and Olivia.

Nathan is checking his watch to be sure this boat is going to deliver us to the island on time.
The boys enjoyed walking from town to our condo.
Logan rode with his cousins on the taxi.
Owen got really tired on our walk and fell asleep.

We had the most wonderful dinner.  My Uncle Bob did some special arranging and our group of 18 ended up on a private patio with this yard for all our kids and only our kids to play in with this view of the Mackinaw Bridge.  The food was absolutely delicious, even the special purée Mac and Cheese they made for Nathan.
All of the kids (including Nathan with Preston and Owen with me) enjoyed rolling down the grass hill.
Preston is having fun with some of the kids sitting in the grass.
Our family at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment