Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mercedes Marathon Weekend!!!

We had a fabulous weekend. We fought the bitter cold, for Birmingham. It was about 20 degrees each morning. What happened to our nice spring 70 degree temperatures?

Saturday morning, Logan, Nathan and Owen all ran in The Bell Center Run for the Mercedes Marathon. All the boys did very well and got a very nice metal. All three of them also ended up on the local 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm news. Everyone had a great time....and froze!Visiting with some of their therapists.


Thank you to my parents, Russ, CiCi, PawPaw and Elizabeth for coming out to support the boys in their run!!

Saturday night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. We participated in the Carbs for a Cause dinner. This was a pasta dinner held at The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. You guessed it, it benefited The Bell Center. The food was great and we all loved walking through the museum after our dinner.
Sunday morning was my race. I raised $1381 for my run! All money went to support The Bell Center. In face The Bell Center was the benefactor of the marathon!! I loved being a Bell Runner, raising the money and running in honor of my two youngest. It made the 1/2 marathon so much more special. I felt great about my run. I ran my 13.1 miles in 1:36:28 which is a 7:22 mile/minute. This is a 1/2 marathon personal best for me. I was 38th overall and 9th for my age group.I want to say a very special thank you to my friend Elizabeth who also ran in honor of Nathan and Owen. She raise $1300 and braved the frigid cold this morning to run all 13.1 miles for them. Thank you so much for your love and support for my boys!!

Also, a big thanks to my parents who spent the weekend at our house, allowing me to run. They got the boys ready while I was gone and brought them down to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment