Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Greatest Gift

The greatest gift was given almost 2,000 years ago and it was so profound it is my greatest gift even today. Each year as we celebrate this Easter Season of Jesus dying to forgive me and rising to conquer death I am more and more in awe. God is teaching me so much about His love through the love of my children.

Every time we go to Mia's grave, as we did this afternoon, all I can do is thank God. Thank you for loving my daughter enough to do what is the best for her even though it was very painful here on earth. Thank you for giving her a perfect place to live filled with your perfect love. Thank you that I will be able to spend eternity with her, only missing this brief life on earth. I look forward to the day I will meet my Savior in heaven and when He embraces me in His arms, there I will find my daughter too. Thank you, Father, that all of this is possible because your own Son died for me and rose for the gift of my eternal life. Thank you that one day my husband and three boys will be there too.

When Jesus came to this earth He came so that we could have life and have it abundantly. Each day God uses my three boys to show me an abundant life. He provides his abundance through healing and progress in the development of Nathan and Owen. He provides abundance through the wonderful personality and character he is molding in Logan. He provides abundance through the wonderful husband/father He has given to this family. (And, the husband/father takes this opportunity to edit this post to say that it is the wife/mother who is the amazing inspiration.)

1 comment: