Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm getting cultured!

Logan and I had a very busy day today. First, we went to his school for class pictures. Logan is not starting school for another week, but since class pictures were today we went in for them so he could be in the year book. I really liked what I saw of his school. There are five other children in his class and they have three teachers. One main teacher and two teacher aids, one who speaks English and Chinese and one who speaks English and Korean. Logan was a little shy and unsure but he seemed to enjoy it. I think once he gets up there and goes a few days he will really enjoy it.

After leaving school Logan and I met Holly and her husband Derrek (Holly is our friend that showed the Dawson group around while they were here). We went to ancient culture street. We had a ton of fun. There were so many neat little shops. The embroidery pictures are fabulous. I am going to save up my money to buy one. They also have great tea sets, musical instruments, etc. Anyone coming to visit us will enjoy a trip there. Logan had a great time playing with Derrek, who was very nice and entertained Logan while Holly and I looked around.

After we left the shopping area Holly and Derrek took us to a restaurant, Tianjin 1928. The food was delicious and all the decorations are from 1928. They had a stage with entertainment and then a live auction. We really enjoyed ourselves. Also, Logan had his first experience using a squatty potty.

I will put up some photos of our outing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment