Friday, September 18, 2009

Baby Update - 16 weeks

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to post. They just don't give us any during the ultrasound. I had an appointment on Wednesday. Everything is going well. They measured all three babies during the ultrasound and all three were measuring at 16 weeks or above (baby B is always measuring at least two days ahead of schedule). My blood pressure, weight gain, etc. are all looking good. I have another appointment in 4 weeks and will hopefully be able to find out the sexes of the babies at that time. We may not be able to find out all three. It just depends on what positions they are lying in at the time. With three in there it is pretty hard to make them move around. Since I get ultrasounds about every 4 weeks, we figure we should be able to figure out by the time they arrive the sex of each baby.

When we were at the hospital we met a couple who had twins just two months ago. The twins were born at 3 lbs and 5 lbs. They spent two weeks in the NICU and then another week in the regular nursery. They were very pleased with the care they received and their children are thriving. It was nice to see them and talk to them about their experience.

I promise I will put up some pictures of myself soon.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are still going well! Can't wait to meet those sweet babies! I LOVE reading your blog and seeing the pictures. Gracie can't get enough of the pictures either, and did ask to see more of you =)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but my sister, Helen Lee goes to Dawson. I was in A Cappella Choir at Samford with Bob Hatfield. I heard about you from my sister. I have triplets that are 20 years old. YES, I survived!!! They were born at 31 1/2 weeks gestation and weighed 3lb 8 oz, 3lb 4oz, and 3 lb 3 oz. Stayed in the NICU for 26 days and then came home at 4 lb 5 oz each. You will LOVE your stroller!! Please feel free to contact me if you need any advice, or just an ear from someone who has "been there, done that." BTW, we live in Mobile.
    Take care!
    Sarah Weeks
    slweeks@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete