Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Half Marathon

On Sunday, Feb 13th, Sarah Cook and I ran our first half-marathon. We had a lot of fun running together. We trained together for quite a while and it was so fun to actually accomplish what we had been working toward. There were 7123 runners at the Mercedes Marathon. I enjoyed running in such a big crowd. Preston and Logan showed up several times along the route to cheer us on. It was so nice to see and hear them cheering for us so many places along the course. Preston's cousin, Michele, watched Nathan and Owen at our house. We really appreciated Michele watching the boys, so Preston and Logan could come to the race. Preston's Dad worked at the KBR water stop, so I was able to see him during the race too.
Logan and Gracie are sporting their new shirts Sarah and I bought them on Saturday. They said, "My Mom can run faster than your Mom".

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back to blogging!! I love these pictures! Great job Preston!

    ReplyDelete