Saturday, December 18, 2010

Moment of Life Pt 9

Most of the people that impact our lives; parents, grandparents, mentors all provide such an impact because of the wisdom they share with us from their years of living. This wisdom often teaches us how to be a better wife, mother, co-worker and friend. If we are really blessed we find one or two people who will deeply impact our lives spiritually; sharing meaningful scripture, giving advice when needed, and encouraging us in our walk with the Heavenly Father.

I have experienced Philippians 4:6-7, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus".

One of the people who has so deeply impacted my life is my daughter, Mia. Though Mia's time on earth was brief, her impact was incredible. I am forever changed, for the better, because my walk with the Heavenly Father is much stronger. He filled my heart with a peace that only He can provide when He took her home to be with Him. I am very thankful that God did what was best for Mia, proving once again that He loves His children and knows what is best. I have learned so much about trusting and waiting upon the Lord. Honestly, I can't think of anything much worse than the death of your own child. God never left my side and continues to stand strong next to me, well actually holding me up, today. It was so humbling to have prayers lifted up for our family around the world because of Mia's short life. The fellowship of the believer was so real and alive to us...it still leaves us speechless today. Mia has provided me with the greatest gift of all, drawing me closer to God. As the Ray Boltz song (yes, I am really old to remember and like this song) says, "Thank you for giving to the Lord. I am a life that was changed". I thank God for forever changing my life through Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment