Monday, September 27, 2010

Running with a purpose

For years I have had a passion for running. There is nothing like getting out in the fresh air and feeling the pavement under your feet. I also love the good conversation I have with Preston, Logan or my friends as we run together. This year I have decided to run a few races. In deciding which races to run, I thought it would be best to look at what charities are supported through each race. My first one will be the Vulcan Run. This run is coming up in a little over a month. It is only a 10k, so it should not be too hard....and I am not planning to place in the top 400!! I am then planning to run the Mercedes Half Marathon. I just did not have it in me to try and train for a Marathon while trying to take care of my three kids and all the appointments we have every week. The charity supported by the Mercedes Marathon is the Bell Center. The Bell Center is an early intervention center providing services to children ages birth - 3 that are at risk for delay. The boys are not part of the programs here, maybe some day, but we believe in supporting them!! The third race I am planning to run is the UCP's Race Without Limits 8k. The proceeds of this race go to UCP and a division of it is Hand-in-Hand, the early intervention service provider that provides Nathan and Owen with their in-home therapy. We are very thankful for Hand-in-Hand and the fantastic therapy they are providing to Nathan and Owen. In order to give back as much as we can, I have set up a fund raising website for my run. If you are interested in giving please click here. Thanks to all of you who have already signed up to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment