Friday, October 23, 2009

Janelle and Logan return to Birmingham














On Tuesday it became evident to Preton and I that Logan and I needed to get back to the US more quickly than we expected. So, we had our flights changed and flew out Wednesday afternoon. It was hard to leave so quickly and to say goodbye to Preston and all our new friends. We are now looking forward to our return.

Logan and I got to Birmingham about 2:00 a.m. and since his clock was completely reversed he stayed up all night, just happy and full of energy. He is excited to be back with his Grandparents and will begin seeing friends and more family today. Logan did VERY well on the airplane ride. Thanks to the friends that sent him with books, pictures and other fun surprises.

I had a doctor's appointment Thursday afternoon. Everything with the babies is looking great. I was able to get another ultra sound and it was really exciting to see them so active. One of them had the hichups and another was trying to suck its thumb. I have been put on semi bedrest having to lay down at least two additional hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. My doctor says there is no doubt I will be on complete bedrest by Thanksgiving. I also have to bump up my calorie intake to 3500 cal per day. The thought is the more weight I can give to the babies now, the better they will be when they are born. They will be born anytime between 26 - 34 weeks, hoping for closer to the later date.
Any friends and family that would like to hang out with us, we would love to see.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! We can't wait to see you!

    Sherry and Welles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janelle,
    Call when you get a chance. I do not know how to reach you in Birmingham. Pray that all is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you! Isaac keeps going to your door looking for Logan. :-( So thankful the flight went smoothly and you are safely and sound.

    ReplyDelete